[Seaside] WeakArray (again)

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Fri Mar 24 17:54:09 UTC 2006

Just a note: Restarting the image a clearing the caches solves the
problem for a few hours so It could turn out the slow downs I am
experiencing are not totally related to WeakArray.

 From the beginning I have experienced slow down issues on Squeak/
Seaside images running on Linux and while I have done a lot to reduce
the problem it has not gone away. I am almost ready to give up and
write some sort of load balancing script that expires/kills images
after a few hours and after they are done handling active session.

It would be a terrible hack but I am getting far to many complaints
about seaside applications slowing down and me having to save and
restart the image.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and discovered a solution/
work around.

Thanks
Will