[Seaside] Possible OT: Strange Seaside/VW oddity -- Is there some sort of cacheing in Seaside/VW or ??

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Sat Mar 25 00:35:35 UTC 2006

Rick Flower wrote:
> I've got what I believe should be a URL that maps to a css file in my
> file system hierarchy.. However, when I try to get it using "wget" (on
> Unix) or Firefox, instead of getting the contents of the css file, I
> get the main site page for my seaside site instead.. I've even got a
> truss output showing what I'm seeing..
Nevermind... I found the following log lines in my webserve.log file :

10.0.1.198: default GET /mywebapp/css/screen.css -> 200 text/html Sat,
25 Mar 2006 00:30:55 GMT
10.0.1.198: seaside GET /seaside/go/mywebapp/css/screen.css -> 200
text/html Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:31:26 GMT

The "default" vs. "seaside" thing caught my eye (I hadn't really looked
at that before).. I find that the top one (default) gets the correct
file, but the bottom one seems to be my web-app
page instead -- almost like seaside was discarding the "/css/screen.css"
from the above GET line and only seeing the "GET /seaside/go/mywebapp"
portion of the line.. I'll make sure I
adjust my code to make sure this doesn't happen...

-- Rick