[Seaside] Re: Home Link

Zulq Alam zulq at orange.net
Sat Mar 25 16:08:20 UTC 2006

I kind of agree but it seems WATask is doing more than just
encapsulating workflow.

I wonder what purpose this redirect serves?

renderContentOn: html
    self session redirectTo: (html urlForAction: [[self answer: self go]
repeat])

And why should local decoration wrap new delegations (the answer to this
will likely go over my head at the moment) rather than vice versa in
WAComponent?

decoration: oldDecoration shouldWrap: newDecoration
    ^ (oldDecoration isGlobal and: [newDecoration isGlobal not])
        or: [oldDecoration isLocal and: [newDecoration isDelegation]]

I'd like to understand these before I stop using WATask for my short
workflows. Also, for long workflows I still have the same problem.

Where I don't agree is I think when the application scales having
followed a consistent pattern and separating these concerns will have
maintenance benefits.

Z.