[Seaside] static image files

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Sun Mar 26 06:08:54 UTC 2006

Michel Bany wrote:
> In the projects I am participating in, I always recommend having
> static images
> stored as Smalltalk source code in methods that return a byte array
>
>    html
>        imageWithDocument: (ImageLibrary perform: imageName asSymbol)
>        mimeType: 'image/jpeg'
>        fileName: imageName, '.jpg'.
>
> This produces a large Smalltalk image, but makes versioning and
> configuration
> a lot easier, since the application and the images are guaranteed to
> be in synch.
>
> On how to store static images into Smalltalk methods in VW, load
> parcel named
> "SeasideWebDesignerTool" and located in the BonusPack folder.
> See a demo at http://mbany.ath.cx/seaside/go/WebDesignerTool
Michel,

I tried doing this with my latest Seaside (2.6a2.133.0) and got the
following exceptions during parcel load:

"Unhandled exception: The variable name "document" is overloaded for
Seaside.WAStaticHtmlCanvas"

If I tell it to proceed, I end up with a non-working Seaside.. I get
exceptions (message not understood: #asMIMEDocument") if I try to load
any Seaside pages (including the config page). The version that came
with my VW7.4 is version 2.5b8 of the SeasideWebDesignerTool.. Is there
a newer one available?

Thanks!

-- Rick