[Seaside] [ANN] PlotKit 0.8 for Seaside

John Pierce john at pierce.name
Wed May 3 20:03:29 UTC 2006

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for PlotKit. It is looking really good. I do have a question
about color schemes. I like the Office Color schemes, but I need
something more tailored to my situation. So I want to use more primary
colors (bright red, green, blue, and what not) for my pie chart.

I'm not sure how to do this. I see PKColorScheme, but am not sure how
to pass it in to the Layout object or options object.

I've tried:

	self layout officeColors
		at: 'colorScheme' put: PKColorScheme light.

and:

	self layout options propertyAt: 'colorScheme' put: PKColorScheme light.

all to no avail. Any ideas on how I can use some of the ColorSchemes
instead of the office colors?

Regards,

John

On 4/25/06, Mart-Mari Breedt <breedt_m at aircom.co.za> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I really like the new charts, but am struggling a bit to figure out how
> the labels for the PlotKit pie charts work. Seeing that there is not an
> xTicks: accessor for the pie chart layout, one would assume that the
> labels can be set in the dataset. But using a dataset like the one below
> cause's nothing to be displayed, while passing numeric labels seems to
> work fine.
>
> dataset := PKDataset new
>         name: 'data1';
>         addX: 'A' y: 1;
>         addX: 'B' y: 2;
>         addX: 'C' y: 3;
>         addX: 'D' y: 4;
>         yourself
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mart-Mari

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw