[Seaside] Re: Upload Part Two

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon May 8 00:52:10 UTC 2006

Chris Cunnington wrote:
> So I change my question to this: does seasidehostin.st allow you to use the
> halo button to make changes to the site from within the browser?

Your seaside hosting site should have a SqueakStartup.st
that was put there automatically when you registered for
the account/site. This script gets run when your image is
started. There should be a line like:

     [ WAApplication allSubInstances do: [ :each | each preferenceAt: #deploymentMode put: true ] ] ifError: [ ].

which should disable the Seaside toolbar at the bottom of
all your applications. If you remove (or comment out) this
line then you should be able to browse/edit code - BUT, so
could anyone else that accesses the site! To make a change,
download the existing version, edit it, and upload the replacement.

BTW, I think the default startup script uses allInstancesDo:
instead of "allSubInstances do:". I changed my SqueakStartup.st
to use allSubInstnaces because I was using Shore applications
which subclassed from WAApplication.