[Seaside] Upload

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:20:34 UTC 2006

> If I'm on my desktop on my Mac and I'm looking at the window for Seaside
> that shows me the Monticello browser, and I've found where WACounter
> resides, then how do I save that application alone as image/changes to my
> desktop, so that I can upload them to Europe? (This is Toronto.) If I hit
> the World menu in the project window, outside the browsers, or open windows,
> then the Save As window says Seaside-2.6.image, as though I'm trying to save
> the state of the entire Seaside application; whereas, I want to save only
> the small part of that which comprises the WACounter application. And then
> upload those pieces to the brasspen.seasidehosting.st. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

In Smalltalk this is slightly different, you usually have a big image
with a lot of unnecessary code and then remove all the things that you
don't need before going to production. However since WACounter is part
of Seaside itself you don't need to remove anything. Moreover most
people usually skip the part of removing anything and just ship the
image- and the changes-file as it is.

The only thing you need to do before shipping to seasidehosting.st is
to go to the configuration interface at localhost:9090/seaside/config
and change the password of the config application and remove
unnecessary entry points.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

--