[Seaside] Explorer/inspector/debugger hack for dynamic variables?

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Tue May 9 14:21:40 UTC 2006

I use dynamic variables (WADynamicVariable class>>use:during:) sparingly
in my applications but inevitably references to them creep into my
"database code."  This makes the Squeak tools a lot less useful.  Does
anyone have some useful hacks to make these variables available in the
tools?  I thought about just storing them in globals but that's not
enough since frequently I want to evaluate code which indirectly uses
the dynamic var (the rough equivalent of "self session" shows up in
several places in my system).  What I really want is any dynamic
bindings which exist in the stack at the time the tool was sent #open...
to be available in the code pane of the tool.

David