[Seaside] Seaside Components: Parent / Children

Sébastien Julliand sebjulliand at gmail.com
Mon May 15 15:39:44 UTC 2006

2006/5/15, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com>:

> On May 15, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Sébastien Julliand wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm one of S. Ducasse's student and I'm working on a Seaside project,
> > an online Scrabble.
> >
> > I'd like to know if there is a way, when you are using a WAComponent
> > called by a WATask, to retrieve the caller?
> > In other words: is a WAComponent able to identify who is calling it?
>
> So, obvious first question: why do you want to know?

Well, I need my WAComponent to display differents things based on wich
WATask is calling it (the component displays a Scrabble board, wich is
shared between the two players and a control panel wich is not). For
example, at a given time, player 1 needs to see the board and his
control panel and player 2 needs to see the board and a "disabled"
control panel. And then, according to what i've done so far, if i
could know who is calling the component, it would be great ;)

Seb