[Seaside] Seaside Components: Parent / Children

Sebastián Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
Tue May 16 16:35:55 UTC 2006

Yes but that depends of *how much* it knows about it's parent. For certain
features this could be really helpful. Abuse produce the results you
mention.
For a reference:
Presenters are composed by (sub)Presenters and they all know it's
corresponding #parentPresenter in the MPV (Model-View-Presenter) framework.
Ref:
http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/TwistingTheTriad.PDF
http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~sl/teaching/00_01/Delfin_EC/Overviews/ModelViewPres
enter.htm

I've made my own WAPresenter subclass wich is instantiated knowing about it
parentPresenter. I see the same intention in

	ShoreComponent class>>parent: aComponent

Until now I have been succeful in a Seaside application that make intesively
use of that subclasses, without coupling.

Regards,

Sebastian