[Seaside] Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

John Pierce john at pierce.name
Wed May 17 12:43:52 UTC 2006

Hi Sebastian,

I have all these components loaded successfully in a Squeak 3.9 image.
I'm not sure what you mean by "ready for production", but do they all
work together in the same project?

Right now the answer is no. PlotKit and Scriptaculous don't play nice
together from a Javascript perspective. Scriptaculous includes the
Prototype javascript code and Plotkit includes Mochikit javascript
code and Prototype and Mochikit (with how it is used in PlotKit) don't
play nice together right now.

How do I know? I've tried on IE or Firefox and get javascript errors.
See this thread from the Plotkit group for more details:
http://groups.google.com/group/plotkit/browse_thread/thread/6a347862071a75be/#

So, I'm not sure sure what to say other than do your plotting in a
separate application from your Scriptaculous components. That's what
I'm doing for now. Or avoid using Scriptaculous in your plotting app
if you can. Or provide a fix to the PlotKit Mochikit javascript code
to make it compatible with Prototype.

I'm sorry I don't have any more details on the problem, but this is
the background info.

Regards,

John

On 5/17/06, Sebastián Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to know if one can have now a squeak image loaded with
>
> Seaside
> Scriptaculous
> ShoreComponents
> PlotKit
>     confident enough to make an application wich can go to production.
>
>     Right now I'm using as a base the seaside 2.5 image downloaded from the
> seaside web page, and the ShoreComponents installed from SqueakMap. That is
> fine right now, but I want to add some of the PlotKit features and perhaps
> one or two scriptaculous ones.
>
>     Wich remomendations I do have?
>
>     Where I should look for this code? allways in SqueakSource? Wich
> releases should I install?
>
>     thank you
>
> Sebstian

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw