[Seaside] [ANN] Visual Text Editor + Calendar widgets demo

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu May 18 14:28:52 UTC 2006

2006/5/18, Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com>:
> If that allows to unzip an archive onto disk during installation,
> and somehow compatible with monticello I'd like to see it

No, unzipping is not supported but it could be added if that is
requested. The idea is that whatever kind of files can be served right
from Seaside without the need for an other sever like apache. These
files can be reference from other files or seaside applications.
But it is Monticello (or Changeset or whatever ) compatible.

repost:

The basic idea:
- We have a new type of application (WAFileHandler) that serves static
files from libraries.
- A library is a Sublass of WAFileLibrary.
- A file is a method in a library that returns a String or a ByteArray
(or something else that understands #asMIMEDocument).
- The external filename is created by the following convention: the
selector is the filename plus the capitalized exention. So for example
#mainCss becomes 'main.css'. This allows you to reference files from
other files.
- Mimetypes are guessed by the extension.
- WAStyle/ScriptLibraries are supported too. In their case '.css' or
'.js' is added to their selectors.
- There is a config interface for all this (application type is
'Static File Library') that allows you to configure all this stuff,
even upload files.
- There are methods on the class side of WAFileLibrary that allow you
to programmaticall add files to your library (or whole directories)
- there are tests for all this

No Sessions, no weak*, no continuations, no redirects, no filesystem
access, no ...

Cheers
Philippe