[Seaside] WeakArray problems (I think)

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon May 22 15:10:17 UTC 2006

OK - I've searched the archives and I think this is the "weakarray
finalization" issue. Symptoms are that I start up the image and the UI
locks with CPU stuck at 100%.

I've tried:
1. Leaving it run for a few hours.
2. Starting the image with a script with
    WeakArray runningFinalizationProcess terminate.

Neither seems to get me past this point. I'd like to get to the stage of
being able to browse+file out some classes if nothing else - there is a
couple of days code there that I'd rather not lose.

The top few lines in the process-listing (I had it open while
investigating this before it reached this stage) are:

(80) 3400: the timer interrupt watcher
(60) 3351: the event tickler
(60)  287: the user interrupt watcher
(60) 1102: the low space watcher
(50) 2355: the WeakArray finalization process
(40) 4054: the UI process
then a bunch of Semaphore>>critical and seaside connections all at (30).

I'm not sure how accurate this is as I can't get the process browser to
update before the UI locks.

Anyone got any smart ideas?

--
   Richard Huxton