[Seaside] Dialogs as sub-components

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed May 31 18:41:56 UTC 2006

I've returned to using Seaside for a project a long, long time (like 2
years?) after having first worked with it and, basically, I'm starting
all over again in my understanding.

I want a component/app that is basically a table of items and below that
a textarea to add more items to the table (one per line).  I was
thinking that the form would be a sub-component and so I created a
WAFormDialog subclass and it has an #ok method which #answer:s a
collection of the items found after processing the string from the
textarea.

My thought was then that in the parent component's #renderContentOn: it
would self call: an instance of the dialog and that would return the
collection of items found.  However I'm finding that the result of a
#call: the entire page is replaced by the dialog.  And using #render:
does not return the result.

Where am I going wrong?

Also while I'm here I might as well make a call for anyone with the time
to come by #squeak since we do occasionally have Seaside questions come
up (this being a case in point).

Ken