[Seaside] Self adjusting CSS (based on browsertype) extensiontoSeaside?

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Nov 2 19:19:27 UTC 2006

Boris,

Thanks for the link.  It was interesting reading.  I'm still trying to get
the hang of CSS myself so I found this interesting.

Rick,

>From Boris's link I found: HTML Dog
http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/text/

(c) Patrick Griffiths, 2003-2006.

Home $B"*(B Tutorials $B"*(B CSS Beginner Tutorial $B"*(B

font-family
This is the font itself, such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Verdana.

The font you specify must be on the user's computer, so there is little
point in using obscure fonts. There are a select few 'safe' fonts (the most
commonly used are arial, verdana and times new roman), but you can specify
more than one font, separated by commas. The purpose of this is that if the
user does not have the first font you specify, the browser will go through
the list until it finds one it does have. This is useful because different
computers sometimes have different fonts installed. So font-family: arial,
helvetica, for example, is used so that similar fonts are used on PC (which
traditionally has arial, but not helvetica) and Apple Mac (which,
traditionally, does not have arial and so helvetica, which it does normally
have, will be used).

Note: if the name of a font is more than one word, it should be put in
quotation marks, such as font-family: "Times New Roman".

I thought this might be useful for your problem.

Ron Teitelbaum