[Seaside] PDF Generation

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Tue Nov 7 20:08:59 UTC 2006

Martin Beck wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible in Seaside to generate a pdf in any way from a html
> output? I think a way would be to have a component renderer which
> outputs latex or something like that and then runs a converter... Any
> solutions or other ideas, please?
Martin --

An older site I've still got running generates PDFs internally and it
works most of the time OK (it's written in PHP), but in my new site I'm
more tempted to go the direction of having different style sheets
instead -- one for screen and one for "print"..  However, it really
depends on what sort of info you're trying to get plopped into a
report.. In my case it's mostly columnar data with some basic line
graphs eventually which I might be able to do with Javascript (or CSS
based) or perhaps something else that can work which is browser-based.
If you're able to go that route, I think it greatly simplifies things
quite a bit, but again -- ymmv!