[Seaside] XHTML is a tree, not a stream

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:11:23 UTC 2006

> One of the drawbacks would be that Seaside would not be able to send the
> stream directly to the web browser while it renders components. It would
> need to wait for the end. But if I remember correctly, it is already the
> case.

No, not necessarily. And it would also instantiate much more objects
and take longer as to render the tree has to be traversed in the end.

What you request was standard in earlier versions of Seaside. I am not
sure if the code is still there though, but you can easily add it
again by creating your own subclass of WAHtmlDocument.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch