[Seaside] [RFT] New web project

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:32:29 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, William Harford <seaside at harford.org> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I would personally like to see something Morphic like for the web.
>
> It would be super cool if we could define the interface and some
> behaviors via direct manipulation and then fill in the blanks with
> some code.
>
> Another idea: Most CRUD frameworks are heavily biased on relational
> models. It would be nice if there was a CRUD framework that took a
> more Object orientated tree biased approach.
>
> Direct manipulation development is something that has only barely
> been explored with desktop applications and has seen almost no
> experimentation/implementation on the web front.
>
> Thanks
> Will

Regarding the relational database approach: if you look at Rails you
will notice that the RDBMS is almost completely obscured out of the
application, leaving you to deal with objects only.  The fact that an
RDBMS is on the backend probably has more to do with quick and easy
adoption (most folks are familiar with the paradigm) than to the
necessity of RDBMS over ODBMS.

--
Jason Rogers (the other Jason)

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18