[Seaside] [RFT] New web project

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Sat Nov 11 14:27:06 UTC 2006

Darius Clarke wrote:
> Avi is moving away from continuations toward persistence contained in
> the AJAX client layer.
> Check his blog. http://smallthought.com/avi/?p=14
> Same as what Gilad Bracha
> <http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/gbracha?entry=will_continuations_continue>
> said.

Hrm, I just went back and read the link you put from Avi and it actually
says almost the opposite of what you state here.  He did make a post
something along those lines, but I don't see it in his blog.

And I think Gilad is just wrong.  He seems to believe the future of the
web is downloading the application to the client and running it there.
We have been there and it sucks.  Rather then do Q&A testing on every
operating system/patch combination, and still not be covered because
different applications change compatibility levels, etc. etc.  I would
rather just manage my servers so I know exactly what platform the
application is going to run.  The only thing the world he talks about
buys you is we finally don't have to worry about the install nightmare.
But that is just one of the many problems with client side application
development.