[Seaside] Seaside2.6g

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Mon Nov 20 23:46:39 UTC 2006

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Yep.  It would be great if someone familiar with Gemstone (I'm not)
> could post a list of steps to download the necessary
> non-commercial/trial versions of VW and GS and install whatever's
> needed to try this out.
>
> Avi

The current version checked into the repository for 2.6g isn't quite
ready for public consumption. It requires an unreleased version of the
Gemstone VM to run (we had to make modifications to the VM to get
continuations to work).

It was premature for me to publish the branch, being new to
Squeak/Monticello I had a sneaking suspicion that I'd press the 'wrong'
button along the way:)

We'll make an announcement to this list when all of the pieces are in
place (including information about downloading non-commerce/trial
versions). Our target date for having everything ready is Smalltalk
Solutions 2007. If things continue to go smoothly, we are likely to be
ready sooner.

If any of you have questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Dale Henrichs
Gemstone Systems, Inc.