[Seaside] liveCallback and SUAutocompleter

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:54:55 UTC 2006

> I do not know what should be fixed, Seaside or Scriptaculous.
>
> Lukas, any idea ?
>
> Meanwhile, you can try the following fix to SUAjax :
>
> parameters
>         ^ (self options at: 'parameters' ifAbsentPut:
>                         [ SUJoin join: OrderedCollection new with: '&' ]) collection

Don't try this, it breaks Scriptaculous. The encoding works fine as
long as you only attach your scripts to element events, such as
#onClick:, #onChange:, etc.

The problem is that the method #with: in WAScriptTag was implemented
in a very strange way, it bypassing the encoding and caused the
observed problem. The missing thing was the <![CDATA[ ...  ]]> tag.
Unfortunately the same bug is duplicated in at least 4 places trough
out the framework. The latest version of 2.7 fixes these problems. I
don't know the effect of this change, it might well be that older
browser have their problems. I tested it on Safari and FireFox.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli