[Seaside] Avi, why did the semantics for #urlForAction: change?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:49:31 UTC 2006

>    "All the generated url's are fully qualified, so though it'll respond
> to SSL, as soon as I click something I'm thrown back into standard http"

As far as I remember the reason for this change was that Seaside
redirects have always been produced "invalid" responses as these were
not fully qualified URLs like the standard expects. That's why this
was fixed.

If you use Apache 2 you can tell "ProxyPreserveHosts On" and then
Seaside will automatically figure out the correct base-path. Apache is
pretty standard nowadays.

As an alternative you can setup different application entry points
that statically generate different URLs and configure Stunnel to proxy
to those entry points depending on the type of session.

Why don't you just do everything over https? That would make your life
much easier.

One goal of Seaside 2.7 is to get URL objects everywhere, no more string.

Just some thoughts,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli