[Seaside] Authentication in Seaside

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Mon Oct 2 10:25:02 UTC 2006

Hi Humber,

	Hi Seasiders! I have a little question about a way  to do some authentication in Seaside. I looked the configuration page and I found an Auth decoration. I give it a try but it gave me ´an all or nothing´ solution. To access the whole application I have to enter the user name and password just like the Seaside configuration.

	I need to give some access to, for example, an admin user type and restrict others (student users). Lets say the application needs to have three types of users. Admins with all the privileges, students with some privileges but restrict others, and a normal user as a simple viewer (he/she can't change a thing).

	Is there a recipe or some guidelines to make this in a simple and elegant way, perhaps with decoration I think? I´m a little lost here.

We have done that by subclassing the root component. The root component is for the admin user. One of the subclass is for the teachers, another subclass for the students, etc. This allows us to provide differences in behavior for different user types.

HTH

Michel.