[Seaside] Chaining "modal" components

Joseph Blatter josephblatter62 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 14:16:10 UTC 2006

Hello all. I'm a new user of Seaside, so this is my
first message to the list.

My application uses some kind of chained editors, this
mean, there's a form with options that would bring up
another "window" to edit its values when clicked. This
"window" is what I've seen it's called a component in
the framework. I'd like this to be modal.

I've seen also in the Scriptaculous demo, clicking the
(a CHB appears using CSS's z-index) and the links
behind are disabled. This type of "modal" component
looks what I've been looking for. I don't know if
there's a better way to do this.

So my question is: Should I subclass SULightbox (the
class that implements that CHB) or there's another
way? It would be too hard if I want to chain two or
more "modal" components?

Cheers