[Seaside] CSS URLs

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed Oct 4 01:48:27 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Thank you everyone that has worked on seaside.  Seaside is really a
wonderful environment!  I'm still getting my feet wet.

I have a question.  I would like to generate tabs that look like the
attached html file.

To do this I would need to be able to support a URL in css.  I've got this
working "IF" I translate the url to a seaside url.

I see the generateUrlForDocument but the image tag needs context to generate
the url.  I figured I would parse and replace the urls in

WAPresenter>>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
	self script ifNotNilDo: [:script | anHtmlRoot addScript: script].
	self style halt ifNotNilDo: [:style | anHtmlRoot addStyle: style].

This makes sense to me since it appears that the css is added for each
change in session and the images hold their seaside url throughout a
session.

I also figured this was possible since I have the context in WAPresenter.
When I tried to create an image

WARoundedTabStyle image: #bg on: (WARenderCanvas context: self context
callbacks: #())

(the image: imageName on: html method just does:
	^html image
		fileName: imageName, '.gif';
		mimeType: 'image/gif';
		document: (self base64Decode: (self perform: imageName))
)

Creating a new canvas seems to have wiped things clean.  Is there an easier
way to generate and set the url of an image so that I can parse the CSS and
replace url(some.gif) with the seaside url for that gif?

Thanks for your help!

Ron Teitelbaum