[Seaside] Tab Styles

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Sat Oct 7 17:03:09 UTC 2006

Hi Philippe,

I agree with you, I think it would be very nice if there was some way to
have seaside skins available.  The problem I have is the way that some of
the components have been implemented.  They really don't lend themselves to
changing the look.  I'll have to give it more thought but the
SimpleNavigation component has class names with a hard coded CSS in the
style library.  To change the look I had to make a subclass.  What I would
like to see is a way to configure a style library for individual components
on each application, so that you can create your own skin. Then maybe even
be able to publish your skin for others to use.  It would be nice if this
could be done without having to subclass the components to change the class
names.

It is possible that I just don't understand the style libs.  Maybe it's
possible to do this some other way?

So after I give it some thought maybe I'll create a project SeasideSkins or
something.

I would think there would need to be some changes to the base components or
the style library mechanism to make it work.

Ron