[Seaside] continuations resources

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:31:18 UTC 2006

> A simple way to think of continuations, is something like an exception, but
> more general.  Exceptions can be implemented via a continuation.  When you
> fire an exception, you're essentially saying, here, pass this exception
> object to the current continuation, i.e. the nearest exception handler.

For me, what did the trick to understand continuations, was the
following piece of code:

Object>>escaperDo: aBlock
   ^ aBlock value: [ :value | ^ value ]

If you try to fully understand what it does, how it can be used and
what its limitations are, then you will also understand continuations
to which the limitations I am talking about don't apply.

So it is more like a quiz ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli