[Seaside] Serving files

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Oct 11 15:05:15 UTC 2006

On 11-Oct-06, at 5:10 AM, David Shaffer wrote:

> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>> Well the main reason is not speed but Squeak File IO in general. For
>> example it's not thread-safe.
> Just a point of clarification: Squeak File I/O is "thread
> safe" (if, by "thread" you mean Squeak process).

Assuming I understand 'tread safe' in same way that you mean it, that
isn't strictly correct. The problem is that the squeak model use
separate positioning and read/writing calls. Thus is is quite
possible (been there....) to have two processes referring to the same
file and get
procA -> position: a
procB -> position: b
procA -> read from position (which I thought was a!)
boom.

tim
Computing Dictionary: Recursive: (see Recursive)