[Seaside] Serving files

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 12 11:31:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 01:08:57PM +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2006/10/12, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>:
> >On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 08:33:46AM +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> >> And about the OSProcessPlugin, it deadlocks from time to time. This
> >> again happened in one of our production applications too and is the
> >> reason why Avi doesn't use it for DabbleDB and uses cgi scripts
> >> instead.
> >
> >Do you have any information as to what caused the deadlock? I am
> >aware that file locking between images has proved to be unreliable.
> >I'd like to know if there are other issues. Thanks.
>
> UnixProcess >> #waitForCommand:
>
> proc runState == #complete
>
> always return false although the process is actually terminated.

Philippe,

Thanks. Assuming that the process was actually terminating (as opposed
to blocking on output for some reason), this seems to suggest that a
death of child signal got missed.

Can you please tell me the operating system (OS X, or Linux) and type
of VM (Ian's or John's)? Also, are there any other plugins added that
might be doing additional pthread activity?

Thanks for your feedback on this, much appreciated.

Dave