[Seaside] [Q] [Scriptaculous and Comet] SUStream related question

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 16:09:35 UTC 2006

2006/10/14, Sungjin Chun <chunsj at embian.com>:

> Philippe Marschall wrote:
> > 2006/10/14, Sungjin Chun <chunsj at embian.com>:
> > OOPS!, I encountered a severe problem. After I saved image(with
> > WAListenerEncoded Running) and reopen, the image just freezed and I
> > cannot access to the service(seaside application) nor tools.
> >
> > Is there any relationship between new version of seaside and this
> > problem?
> >
> >> Don't know yet, but I can confirm the problem :(
> >> Squeak image is taking up 100 % CPU.
> >
> >> gdb seems to indicate that it's constantly in
> >> in WAListener>listenLoop
> >
> >> I'd say it's either WALinstener* or Comet related.
> >
> >> Philippe
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> It seems that this problem is related to WAListener*, not Comet, though
> I'm not sure. What I've tested is that stop the Comet's ping process and
>  keep the WAListener* running, this problem just happens, even though
> ping process(which is related to Comet) not running.
>
> Is this related to network initialization in squeak? I cannot figure out
> what's wrong.

WAListener does not terminate itself when it the image quits. It then
holds an invalid socket. Compared to subclasses of WAKom this doesn't
turn out well for subclasses of WAListener.

That it runs at:
Processor highIOPriority
doesn't really help as well

WAListenerEncoded initialize.
WAListenerEncoded39 initialize.
was missing

If you manage to execute
WAListenerEncoded stop
After the image startup it should be usable again.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Philippe