[Seaside] Selectable Table

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Oct 19 00:12:38 UTC 2006

Hi Boris,

Yeah that is very helpful, thanks for the info!

Ron

  _____

From: seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Boris Popov
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 4:21 PM
To: Ron at USMedRec.com; The Squeak Enterprise Aubergines Server - general
discussion.
Subject: RE: [Seaside] Selectable Table

I've implemented one for our application in the reporting framework by
adding conditional "row actions" to "reports" and rendering them in the
panel at the bottom of the report. Then, I would implicitly add a
"selection" column to the table that contains a checkbox for each "row".
That checkbox knows the "id" of the current "tr" as well as array of
"actions" that need to be disabled if this row is selected. Then an
"onClick" event wires it all together to call a small piece of JavaScript
that adds/removes a "selected" class to the "tr" depending on the state of
the checkbox as well as calls main action panel update function that goes
through all selection checkboxes in the report, collects all actions that
need to be disabled and enables the remaining ones. It sounds complicated,
but it only took a few hours of learning Prototype (it helps a lot, really)
and tweaking the JavaScript until it worked.

As far as making this into a reusable component, I'm sure it could be done,
but its tied with the rest of our reporting right now and I don't know if
I'll ever have time to untangle it :(

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--