[Seaside] Scriptaculous

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:09:32 UTC 2006

Brian Brown wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've finally decided to take the plunge and use Scriptaculous for some
> UI, stuff, mostly due to Ramon's blog :)
>

> (I've been using seaside for several years and have built a number of
> apps with it, but not for a while)....
>
> Anyway, I have loaded Seaside2.6b1-mb.105 and Scriptaculous-lr.143
>
> but when I try using anything, like the updater, I get an error
> message on the browser:
>
> Ajax variable not found.
>
> I must be missing something :)
>
> Brian

Three things come to mind.

1) Is the useScriptaculous setting set to true
 in the application config

2) You need to add SULibrary to your application's libraries

3) If you look at the history in monticello for lr-143 there is some
mention of it being made to work with Seaside2.7a, which made me
suspicious that that particular version might not work with 2.6b, so I
went for Scriptaculous.pmm-138 instead.

Keith