[Seaside] Scriptaculous

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:27:29 UTC 2006

> What's the timeline on 2.7a anyway? I know some people are working on
> it, but so far I have no idea who and what direction its taking even.
> We'd placed some serious long run bets on Seaside, so any feedback would
> be greatly appreciated.

Philippe and I started this version at ESUG. One of the main goals was
to old renderer deprecated and to clean up the old code, if necessary
by explicitly breaking backward compatibility.

There are some ugly parts that we would like fixed and that annoy us every day:

- clean up the source code, e.g. remove old assignments (done)
- default #rendererClass changed, most components converted (mostly done)
- several fixes to rendering canvas (mostly done)
- #updateRoot: to use a canvas like API (done)
- to have a file library in Seaside (done, but not integrated)
- to clean up WARequestHandler and friends (open)
- clean up the code using SLint (started)
- deprecate unused and old unused code (started)

Philippe? I am sure that I forgot a lot of things!

For the timeline: Things just happen as we need them and as we have
time to work on (for me this is very limited at the moment).

We are using this version in several open-source and commercial projects.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli