[Seaside] database stuff (was: Avoiding SQL injections with squeak / seaside / mysql driver)

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Fri Oct 20 18:15:27 UTC 2006

Very cool.  Is this how the ruby database stuff works?  I am tied up
with RecuranceRule right now, and after that a web site.  But when I get
those two things done I was considering doing a RoR type thing in
Seaside.  Of course it will be "seaside-esque" (i.e. everything is done
in the web, no config files, etc.  And styling is done with CSS instead
of hand written template yuckery).  So I need to know what database
thing will get me the closest to the ActiveRecord stuff they do (haven't
really looked at it yet).

Also, does your driver have any compiled components?  My preference
would be pure smalltalk drivers if possible.  But that wish is just
based on the belief that a binary component will mean possibly doing
something to the VM, or at a minimum having to worry about binary
compatibility.  If this stuff is completely painless in squeak somehow,
then I guess it wouldn't matter so much.