[Seaside] Seaside file upload oddness when file includes trailing cr

Chuck Kasmire ckasmire at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 19:20:18 UTC 2006

> What type of file are you trying to upload?

Plain text files. I can upload a plain text file (no
trailing cr) and it works fine. Edit that file and add
a cr at the end and - nothing.

> What do you mean by "hang". Can you still access the
> app. Is squeak
> taking up 100% of your CPU time ? Does it require a
> restart?

Yes, let me clarify that. What I meant was that it
seems that the browser is just stuck waiting for a
response that doesn't come. I can hit the back button
to get back out of it. Squeak seems fine. This
actually occurred when trying to use the upload in a
dialog or as a seperate component (not sure of the
correct wording here).

When running in the 'allcanvastests', if there is a
trailing cr then there is no output of the file - the
upload 'tab' just closes. Where as if there is no
trailing cr then the file name and contents are shown.

-Chuck