[Seaside] Seaside file upload oddness when file includes trailing cr

Chuck Kasmire ckasmire at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 21:45:04 UTC 2006

Hi William,

With Notepad I create a text file such as: 'text file
with no training cr' and save it as 'nocr.txt'.

Then open that file and edit it by adding a cr at the
end of the file and saving it as: 'withcr.txt'

Starting with a clean image (seaside-2.6) that I just
downloaded from:
http://www.seaside.st/Download/Images/

I start seaside: 'WAKom startOn: 8080'.
Open my browser on seaside and navigate to 'tests'>
'alltests' > 'upload'.

select 'upload', choose the file named 'nocr.txt' and
then click the 'submit' button. Everything works -
anchor with file name and file contents show.

Do the same with  the file: 'withcr.txt' and nothing
happens (the little hourglass cursor shows seemingly
forever). If I choose another file (without a
trainling cr) and hit 'submit' then the new file will
work fine - showing the contents, etc.

No effect on squeak.

The problem is not with a specific file. I can load
jpegs, text files, html files, etc. They all work as
long as there is no trailing cr.

This is on Windows 2000 with opera 9.01. I also tried
it with Firefox and same thing.

very strange.

Thanks for your help,
-Chuck