[Seaside] Getting Started with SeasideAsync (or Scriptaculous?)

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 08:10:46 UTC 2006

Hi Carl,

> Here's what I'm thinking.  I do not want my application to use the
> back
> button.  Instead I'd like to keep the same page up and reload only
> certain
> parts of a page as needed.  Is this what SeasideAsync is suppose to
> accomplish?  Or do I need something more like Scriptaculous?  I've
> looked
> around a bit but haven't found  good starter materials for either
> of these.

I must confess that I do not see the relationship between the use of the
back button and the live update of only certains parts of a page.

If you only need live updates, then I would say that SeasideAsync
would do
the work, but no more. Scriptaculous is more ambitious and more heavy
weight.
Seaside supports live updates of multiple areas in the page as well
as nesting
of live updated areas and is available for both the classic and the
canvas api's.

If you load SeasideAsync into your image, you will find some
examples. You may
want to use those examples to get started.

HTH,
Michel