[Seaside] Anyone using Seaside & Paypal?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:01:51 UTC 2006

> Just curious as I get further in writing my web-app in Seaside, whether
> or not anyone else here has implemented a paypal package that works in
> conjunction w/ Seaside & VW?  I could take a stab at implementing one,
> but thought I'd ask first.. Thanks for any info you've got..

The ESUG registration application is using PayPal. I just generate a
redirect with some dynamic parts. You can plug this into an
anchor/button callback:

self session redirectTo: (WAUrl new
	scheme: #https;
	hostname: 'www.paypal.com';
	port: 443;
	addToPath: 'cgi-bin';
	addToPath: 'webscr';
	addParameter: 'cmd' value: '_xclick';
	addParameter: 'business' value: 'esug-info at esug.org';
	addParameter: 'item_name' value: 'Registration to ESUG 2005 Event';
	addParameter: 'item_number' value: 'ESUG2005Registration';
	addParameter: 'amount' value: self attendee totalFees asString;
	addParameter: 'no_shipping' value: '1';
	addParameter: 'no_note' value: '1';
	addParameter: 'currency_code' value: 'EUR';
	addParameter: 'charset' value: 'UTF-8';
	asString).

Hope this helps?

Lukas