[Seaside] Caching session on canvas?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:08:15 UTC 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Boris Popov wrote:

> I've been thinking of removing the cost associated with lookup of a
> current session by caching it on a canvas when its created in
> WAPresenter>>renderWithContext: are there any gotchas I might be
> missing?

If you're going to cache it, you might as well do that at the
RenderingContext level rather than on individual canvases (since a
new canvas is created for each component).

Or you could cache it in each component - I (at least) tend to use
"self session" on components most often.

I can't think of any gotchas with any of this.  None of these objects
should ever be moving between sessions.

Avi