[Seaside] Shorecomponents demo server dead..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Oct 26 15:55:08 UTC 2006

Bakki Kudva wrote:
> Awesome! For newbie like me if there were usage notes, sample code
> under each description it would be out of this world! :)

I was kinda wondering the same thing -- IF we want to use
ShoreComponents and aside from looking at the demo code (which appears
to be the only form of documentation that I was able to find), when
should I be using WidgetX to get stuff done?  I see Panels and a variety
of other "stuff" as part of the ShoreComponents package, but am not sure
which ones I should be trying to use and which ones might be considered
"private" (or internal).  It would also be nice to see what possible
features are for each of the widgets in terms of sizing/placement, etc.
  For the main App #4 demo, I saw that it was using two panels (if I
recall) and within the panels other widgets were being placed.  However,
the first thing I was wondering about was how to control panel placement
and what about setting the size -- or is that controlled by the content?

Anyway, I'll probably just dive in and see what happens, but I guess it
would be nice to have some form of a road-map of sorts on what places to
start out with and what things to stay away from if they're not meant
for general use (e.g. the private stuff if you will).