[Seaside] embed a video with seaside

Andreas Petermann PetePetermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 11:59:16 UTC 2006

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to embed a video in my web application but without any
> success. So I hope you can help me. I try'd the following:
> >
> > video := self tag: 'embed'.
> > video attributeAt: 'src' put: (self context urlForDocument:
> videoFileName).
> >
> > When I open my application in a webbrowser (firefox 2.0) I can see the Q
> of the quicktime plugin within a ?.
> >
> > Has anyone an idea what I can do to solve this problem?
> >
> Have you tried writing a simple web application directly in html without
> seaside ? Can you see your video withing this self-made page ?

Yes, I have written a simple xhtml example which embed a video on my harddisk, I include it with:

 <embed src="file:///path_to_my_video/video.mpg" type="video/mpeg"/>

In this way all works fine, but it doesn't with seaside.

I have also tried it out with the object tag, but in this way my browser shows nothing, with embed tag I can see at least the Q within ? which indicates me that the browser knows to use a plugin.

Pete
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl