[Seaside] Checkbox trouble with converting to canvas API

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Fri Oct 27 20:25:06 UTC 2006

I'm converting my application over to the new canvas API.  It's going
reasonable well, but for some reason I cannot get the checkbox in the
example below to invoke its callback when the form is submitted.  I had no
trouble with this using the original API.  I've tried a bunch of things to
no avail.  Any ideas why this might not be working?

renderContentOn: html
    self hideCodeEditor ifTrue: [^self].
    (html div) id: #activeStuff;
        with:
            [html form with:
                [(html textArea) rows: 15; columns: 80; text: self code;
                    callback: [:v | self code: v].
                html tag: 'br'.
                (html anchor) text: 'Run';
                    callback: [self run]; submitFormNamed: #activeStuff.
                (html checkbox) value: self hideCodeEditor;
                    callback: [:v| self hideCodeEditor: v].
                html text: 'Hide code editor on Run']]

Thanks,

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC