[Seaside] Checkbox trouble with converting to canvas API

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Sun Oct 29 00:17:36 UTC 2006

From: "Philippe Marschall" <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>
> 2006/10/27, Carl Gundel <carlg at libertybasic.com>:
>> I'm converting my application over to the new canvas API.  It's going
>> reasonable well, but for some reason I cannot get the checkbox in the
>> example below to invoke its callback when the form is submitted.  I had
>> no
>> trouble with this using the original API.  I've tried a bunch of things
>> no avail.  Any ideas why this might not be working?
>
> Where to start?
> - there is no form with id #activeStuff only a div
> - #with: has always to be the last message, anchor #text: is an alias
> for #with: so it has to be last message as well.

That's kind of odd.  :-/

> - forms should be submitted by submit buttons, that's what they are
> there for. If You don't like their appearance, use CSS.

Sure. I intend to.  :-)

> - you can make use of #on:of: for form elements.

Thanks for the help.  It worked.

>Forms are one of the suckiest parts of HTML. Seaside can't hide that.

Perhaps not, but I did try to solve my problem by looking at other working
code and by reading other posts first.  Seaside is very cool and powerful,
but not quite obvious.  Better docs are needed.

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com