[Seaside] fixCallbackTemps

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:32:21 UTC 2006

> So I added a #tempVarRefs method to BlockContext.  This scans the
> bytecodes for the block and returns the indices of any temps that
> the block uses.  I think added a variation of #fixTemps named
> #fixCallbackTemps which, after copying the home context, goes
> through the temps and nils out any that don't appear in #tempVarRefs.
>
> I then changed every reference to #fixTemps within Seaside to
> #fixCallbackTemps.  The upshot is that all stored callbacks in
> Seaside should avoid holding onto any temps that they don't
> actually use.

Avi,

I can see many references to #fixTemps in the live callback methods
of the SeasideAsync package.
Should all of these be replaced with #fixCallbackTemps as well ?

A second question.
You did not replace #fixTemps in #clearHandlers and
#unregisterExpiredHandlers.
Was it intentional ?

Thanks,
Michel.