[Seaside] Space Breaking LiveCallback in IE

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon Oct 30 17:31:23 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I just found an error that was interesting so I thought I'd pass it along:

This is just a test app, but it has a toggle anchor that shows different
search forms.  If a form has a table that has table data that only includes
a space the live update fails in a strange way.  By uncommenting the alerts
on the  #ajax method I saw the error:

Reference to undefined entity 'nbsp'

Which caused the form to render without any surrounding components.

This works fine for Firefox.  But I also noted that having an alert in the
fireFox code causes the liveUpdate to not work at all.

So only use the alerts for debugging IE only, and don't include TD spaces in
your live updates.  html text: ' ' does work.

Ron Teitelbaum