[Seaside] Space Breaking LiveCallback in IE

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 21:31:15 UTC 2006

Hi Ron,
> This is just a test app, but it has a toggle anchor that shows
> different search forms.  If a form has a table that has table data
> that only includes a space the live update fails in a strange way.
> By uncommenting the alerts on the  #ajax method I saw the error:
 From your description, I understand that your callback generates a
form, i.e. something like

	liveCallback: [:renderer |
		renderer form: [ ... ]
		].

I believe this won't work with IE. The #ajax js, uses innerHTML to
update the DOM and I believe
that IE does not allow form tags in this case.
But, maybe, you are trying something else....
> This works fine for Firefox.  But I also noted that having an alert
> in the fireFox code causes the liveUpdate to not work at all.
As far as I can remember, I believe that only the last two alerts are
specific to IE, i.e. the ones sending parseError.

HTH
Michel.