[Seaside] Space Breaking LiveCallback in IE

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Oct 31 14:49:00 UTC 2006

With the alert still loaded and the space error gone, there is no alert for
MS IE 6.0.  The form is replaced and the search button on both forms works
fine.  Is there some other way I can see the form replacement error.  I'd
hate to hit it later with something more complicated.  Do I need to load an
older version of IE to see it?

Thanks for your help!

Ron

  _____

From: Michel Bany [mailto:michel.bany at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:42 AM
To: Ron at USMedRec.com
Subject: Re: [Seaside] Space Breaking LiveCallback in IE

 Before fixing it with loading order I added your exception alert.  MS IE
6.0 didn't catch the exception, I got no alert.

That makes sense.

You had two errors, (1) the nbsp error and (2) the form error.

The alerts I suggested were supposed to demonstrate the form error.

However, the nbsp error occurs first.

Now that the nbsp error is fixed, try again the alerts and you should get
them.

Having the space in the table causes the updated code to show on the page,
the problem is that it replaces the entire page with the update stream.  All
the other components disappear.

With Seaside reloaded on top of SeasideAsync,  "html space" is output as
&nbsp

which is invalid XML (valid XML is &#160). This causes an XML parsing error
in the

javascript and the javascrit assumes that the server has responded with a
debug

page. That's why the entire page is replaced.

Good to hear that your problem is fixed.

Cheers,

Michel.