[Seaside] Anyone using Seaside & Paypal?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 21:01:54 UTC 2006

> > self session redirectTo: (WAUrl new
> >     scheme: #https;
> >     hostname: 'www.paypal.com';
> >     port: 443;
> >     addToPath: 'cgi-bin';
> >     addToPath: 'webscr';
> >     addParameter: 'cmd' value: '_xclick';
> >     addParameter: 'business' value: 'esug-info at esug.org';
> >     addParameter: 'item_name' value: 'Registration to ESUG 2005 Event';
> >     addParameter: 'item_number' value: 'ESUG2005Registration';
> >     addParameter: 'amount' value: self attendee totalFees asString;
> >     addParameter: 'no_shipping' value: '1';
> >     addParameter: 'no_note' value: '1';
> >     addParameter: 'currency_code' value: 'EUR';
> >     addParameter: 'charset' value: 'UTF-8';
> >     asString).
>
> This is interesting.  I wasn't aware that there was any https support in
> Squeak.

The above code simply redirects to a https website, it does not use
anything https related to Squeak.

> also connect to PayPal, but I use Stunnel for SSL. That way the POST
> is just a normal http POST.

I use an Apache for HTTPS.

> What exactly is the current level of https support in Squeak?  And, how
> realiable?

Some time ago the cryptography team announced a Smalltalk
implementation for SSL in Squeak. I don't know if it is already
useable for HTTPS and if it performs fast enough, but it is definitely
very cool ...

There is also a Curl plugin, that supports HTTPS.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch