[Seaside] Pier question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:11:39 UTC 2006

> Now for my website, is it best practices to make a new application
> somehow with the pier kernel, or should I just make a subtree within the
> pier that is already setup and just point the web server to that subtree
> part?

I would just use two different images. Setting up two kernels or using
two sub-trees should also work. The thing with the sub-trees probably
requires some adaptations to the Pier code to get the paths right.

> I tried just setting up a new app with all the same settings as the Pier
> that is set up when you do the squeakmap install but then when I changed
> the environment it showed up in both apps.

You can create individual environments in sub-trees of pier. An
environment is applied to its parent and all children of the parent
unless you define a new one.

Btw, there is also a special mailing-list dedicated to Magritte, Pier
and SmallWiki at:

Cheers,
Lukas

> Thanks in advance,