[Seaside] Developing on a single image between two computers

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 06:47:00 UTC 2006

> > Yes you can set it private in the project settings, so that only
> > developers (read/write) or quest (read) can access your code. If you
> > are afraid about your source code I suggest that you setup your own
> > repository. The squeaksource server is running on a machine at the
> > university of bern where several people have access to, this should
> > not be a problem, but I would not put confidential code there.
>
> I have access to a server (Debian Sarge) and would like to set up a
> Monticello repository. THe server has Apache2  etc running on it
> already. I looked around on wiresong.ca, the Monticello list for some
> info on how to setup a repository using a headless squeak but couldn't
> find anything. Googling, I found some postings about OSProcess, VNC
> etc and running 'squeak -headless' for Seaside, but not for
> Monticello. Could you please point me to some info on this subject?
> Thank you very much,

You can just setup a WebDAV server, no need to run Squeak. You should
find information about the setup in the Apache2 manual. If you want to
use SqueakSource there is a ready made image available from:
http://de-1.tric.nl/~cg/images/. This thread might be interesting to
read: http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/431172790.asHtml

Lukas

--